Add just three ingredients to make fresh churros in your own kitchen.
- 250g Churro mix (the video says 310g but it's wrong!)
- 1 medium egg
- 3tbsp (45g) sunflower oil
- 1 cup (250g) milk (can be dairy or dairy free)
- Put your flour mix into a large bowl.
- Add egg, oil and milk then mix with a strong whisk until the batter is smooth ad you've beaten out any lumps. The mixture will be very thick and a bit hard to beat. Just keep going until its smooth.
- Scoop the batter into a piping bag with a star shaped nozzle.
- Heat your oil up on a medium high heat, until a drop of batter dropped into it floats straight to the surface.
- Pipe your churros into the oil one by one. Use one hand to squeeze the piping bag and when the churro is around 10cm long, use your other hand to pinch off the end.
- Fry the churros on one side for about 1 minute then flip over. fry for about 1.5 minutes. Flip them over one last time and fry for about 30 seconds until they are evenly golden. Scoop out of the oil and leave to drain and cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with some cinnamon sugar and dip in chocolate ganache to serve.
You can also use our churro mix to make round doughnut holes (just use a very small ice cream scoop to portion into the oil instead of the piping bag) or even make baked doughnuts with the same recipe.
Rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Use within 6 months of receipt.